Skip to main content

Record of Grades, 1913-1914; 1930-1932

 Item — Volume: 15

Content Description

From the Series:

The Livingston Park Seminary collection comprises records of the Livingston Park Seminary, its Alumnae Association, and personal papers of its third and final Principal, Eurith Trabue Rebasz. The Livingston Park Seminary was a small, private school for young women, originally founded as the Curtis Seminary by Philip and Cathro Mason Curtis in 1860. Following Mrs. Curtis' death in 1892, it became the Livingston Park Seminary, with Georgia C. Stone as Principal from 1892 to 1900, followed by Eurith Rebasz from 1900 to 1934. After its closure, the Seminary's building remained standing until 1954, when it was dismantled and stored away for eventual preservation. Today, it can be found at the Genesee Country Village & Museum as the Livingston-Backus House, restored in its original form as a private residence. The materials in the collection date from 1863 to 1964, and include ledger books, letters, memoranda and ephemera.

Dates

  • Other: 1913-1914; 1930-1932

Conditions Governing Access

There are no restrictions regarding access to or use of the collection.

Extent

From the Series: 1.0 Cubic Feet (22 ledger books plus associated loose papers.)

Language of Materials

English

Repository Details

Part of the Local History & Genealogy Division Repository

Contact:
115 South Ave.
Rochester 14604 USA
585-428-8370
585-428-8353 (Fax)